The Marvell® PXA300 processor, with scalable performance to 624 MHz and video performance capabilities, enables the development of cost-efficient smartphones, industrial embedded solutions, and handheld devices such as GPS. Built on a low-power 90 nanometer (nm) process technology, and with the ability to dynamically scale voltage and frequency on demand, the PXA300 supports today’s stringent requirements for longer battery life.
KEY FEATURES AND PLATFORM BENEFITS
The PXA300 processor and its derivatives, with options for stacked NAND flash and mobile DDR memory, integrate the following features:
• Consumers can enjoy the features of 3.5G HSDPA networks for extended periods,
such as browsing rich Web2.0 content with streaming video.
• Marvell® Scalable Power Manager technology for MIPS/mW power efficiency, delivering
long battery life and enabling consumers to spend more time enjoying the rich features
their devices and service providers offer.
• Intel® Wireless MMX™ 2 technology, a 2D graphics accelerator, and a 256 KB frame
buffer designed to support video codecs enhance the user’s experience of popular
usage models like video playback, video conferencing, video telephony, and digital TV.
• An enhanced set of peripherals eases connectivity to technologies like Wi-Fi, WiBro,
WiMAX, and Bluetooth v2.0, and the Quick Capture interface supports camera sensors up to
2–3 megapixels (MP) for richer camera applications.
• Package options of a discrete 13x13 mm and a 19x19 mm package, and 15x15mm parts
with stacked NAND flash and mobile DDR memory in die-stacked and package-on-package
(PoP) configurations enable sleek form-factors.
The ACT8898 is a complete, cost effective, highly-efficient ActivePMUTM power management solution, optimized for the unique power, voltage-sequencing, and control requirements of the Marvell Aspen processor.
• Optimized for Marvell Aspen Processors
• Three Step-Down DC/DC Converters
• Four Low-Dropout Linear Regulators
• I2CTM Serial Interface
• Advanced Enable/Disable Sequencing Controller
• Minimal External Components
• Tiny 5×5mm TQFN55-32 Package
− 0.75mm Package Height
− Pb-Free and RoHS Compliant
• Personal Navigation Devices
• Portable Media Players
• Tablet Devices
• Smart Phones
MarvellPXA320 Processor Series
Cost-Effective, Scalable Performance up to 806 MHz for Power-Efficient, High-End Multimedia Handsets, Embedded Solutions, and Enterprise-Class Devices
Leading the Marvell® PXA3xx processor family, the PXA320 processor, with scalable performance to 806 MHz, plus additional industry-leading processing features, enables outstanding compute and video performance for high-end, multimedia cell phones and PDAs, industrial embedded solutions, and enterprise-class devices. Built on a low-power 90 nanometer (nm) process technology, and with the ability to dynamically scale voltage and frequency on demand, the PXA320 supports today’s stringent requirements for longer battery life.
KEY FEATURES AND PLATFORM BENEFITS
The PXA320 processor integrates the following features:
•Scalable, general-purpose processing up to 806 MHz, a 256 KB L2 cache, and a 32-bit DDR memory interface for richer end-user applications, such as browsing rich Web2.0 content or streaming video. Extended headroom allows for execution of multiple applications at the same time, which is a key requirement for today’s wireless client devices with advanced capabilities.
•Marvell® Scalable Power Manager technology for MIPS/mW power efficiency, delivering long battery life and enabling consumers to spend more time enjoying the rich features their devices and service providers offer.
•Intel®Wireless MMX™ 2 technology, a 2D graphics accelerator, and a 768 KB frame buffer designed to support VGA resolution streaming video enhance the user’s experience of popular usage models like video playback, video conferencing, camcorder functionality, video telephony, and digital TV.
•An enhanced set of peripherals eases connectivity to technologies like Wi-Fi, WiBro, WiMAX, and Bluetooth v1.2, and the Quick Capture interface supports camera sensors up to 2–3 megapixels (MP) for richer camera applications.
•Package options of a discrete 14x14 mm package and a 15x15 mm package-on-package (PoP) package with stacked NAND flash and mobile DDR memory enable sleek form-factors.
The Marvell® Alaska® family of Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) over copper transceivers are the industrys lowest power, smallest form factor, highest performance, and highest port density solutions in volume production.
The 88SM4140 is a Serial ATA (SATA) Port Multiplier (PM) that allows an active host connection to communicate with up to four device ports and one SEMB port. The 88SM4140 is used to consolidate the capacity of storage devices by allowing a single host SATA port to be connected to more than one SATA device. This port multiplier employs Marvell’s SATA 3.0 Gbps Physical Layer (Phy) technology.
■ 0.15 µm CMOS technology.
■ Supports SATA 1.5 Gbps and SATA 3.0 Gbps communication speed on host and device ports.
■ 1.2V and 3.3V power.
■ 80-pin LQFP ePad package.
■ Phy test mode.
■ Full scan for high production test coverage and Phy self-test.
■ One host port.
■ Four device ports.
■ Supports 20 MHz, 25 MHz, 30 MHz, and 40 MHz reference clocks.
The 88SM4140 supports the following features:
■ Issuing PMREQP to host.
■ 57600 bps UART access.
■ Spread-spectrum clocking transmission.
■ Serial ATA BIST over host and device links.
■ Asynchronous notification.
■ SAF-TE (Enclosure Management).
■ FIS-based switching in conjunction with the following Marvell SATA host controllers:
■ Marvell Specific Mode (optional).
■ Queued command-based switching mode for Marvell 88SX6041 and 88SX6081.
■ One SEMB port/SM bus port (optional).
The Marvell® single-chip 88ALP01 triple function device integrates a NAND flash controller (with Reed-Solomon ECC), an SD/SDIO controller, and a CMOS Camera Module Interface Controller (CCIC). The device is ideally suited for laptop computing devices and other embedded applications.
The Marvell¨ Link Streetª family of highly integrated gateway router devices provides a superior level of functionality and performance for residential gateway applications. The Marvell Link Street 88E6208 device is an advanced single-chip gateway router device integrating a high-performance CPU for wire-speed routing, an advanced switching fabric, Þve integrated Fast Ethernet (FE) PHYs, a UART for debugging and modem backup, and advanced Virtual Cable Testerª (VCT) cable diagnostics. The 88E6208 device is an ideal solution for residential gateway applications.
• Single-chip integration of a high-performance CPU, multi-port
switch with FE PHYs, peripheral I/O ports and VCT technology
• ARM-9 CPU at 133 MHz clock frequency
• Five integrated FE PHY ports
- Auto-MDI/MDIX crossover for 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T ports
- One FE PHY port can be configured for copper (100BASE-TX
or 10BASE-T) or fiber (100BASE-FX) connections
• VCT technology
• UART port
• High-speed switch fabric
- High-performance lookup engine with support for up to
2,048 MAC address entries with automatic learning and aging
- Port-based VLANs supported in any combination
• CMOS low power dissipation PAVE = less than 1.2W
• Provides a low-cost and full-featured solution for
Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) routers
• High-performance CPU with optimized internal caches for
wire-speed routing throughput
- Simplifies and reduces cost of networking installation and reduces
costly phone calls to equipment manufacturersÕ support centers
- Supports both copper and fiber connections with the integrated
Marvell Alaska¨ digital PHY technology for market-leading
• Advanced cable integrity diagnostics help customers determine
location of cable opens, shorts and impedance mismatch
• Reduces costly phone calls to equipment manufacturersÕ support centers
• UART port can be used for console management or for WAN link
backup via an external modem
• Provides true non-blocking switching performance
- Supports a large number of Ethernet nodes
- Allows suppression or addition of VLAN group membership
to provide flexible management by IT managers
• Eliminates expensive heatsinks or fans and permits the use of
low-cost and small enclosures
• SGMII/SERDES MAC side support
• Auto-media support to fi ber applications with same PHY
• SFP Module Support
– Copper and fiber SFP modules
– Support for embedding into copper SFP modules
• Additional integrated SERDES switchable to 1.25 GHz or 125 MHz
• Advanced diagnostics capability
– Marvell VCT
– Integrated CRC error checker, packet counter and generator
• Small 64-pin QFN package
• Requires only two power supplies
• Industrial temperature support
CMOS MCU (Microcomputer Unit)
The HD6305U0 is a CMOS 8-bit single-chip MCU which is similar to the HD6305X MCU family. This version is upward compatible with the HD6305 family in respect to instructions.
The Marvell¨ Alaska¨ family of Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) over copper transceivers are the industryÕs lowest power, smallest form factor, highest performance, and highest port density solutions in volume production. The Alaska Ultra single-channel GbE transceivers, consisting of the 88E1011 and 88E1011S devices, are the industryÕs first GbE PHYs optimized for the mobile computing market. These devices perform all of the physical layer functions for 100BASE-TX and 1000BASE-T full or half duplex Ethernet on category 5 (CAT 5) twisted pair cable, and 10BASE-T full or half duplex Ethernet on CAT 3, 4 and 5 cable. The Alaska Ultra+ device (88E1011S) offers additional support of 1000BASE-X through an integrated 1.25 GHz Serializer/Deserializer (SERDES).
• Low power dissipation, just over 1W
• IEEE 802.3 compliant 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T transceivers
• GMII, TBI, RTBI, RGMII, SGMII interfaces
• Integrated 1.25 GHz SERDES (88E1011S)
• Media Detect feature automatically detects and configures to either copper or fiber media
• Four power management modes
• Auto-MDI/MDIX crossover at all three speeds
• IEEE 1149.1 (JTAG) boundary scan support
• Advanced mixed-signal and DSP techniques
• Advanced baseline wander correction
• Fully integrated digital adaptive equalizers, echo and crosstalk cancellers
• On-chip transmit wave-shaping to reduce EMI
• Advice internal hybrids for 1000BASE-T
• Three package options: 128-pin PQFP, 117-pin TFBGA and 96-pin BCC
• 0.15-micron standard digital CMOS process
• Enables higher integration and reduced cost
• True plug-and-play with 10/100/1000BASE-T tri-speed functionality
• Provide a seamless Ethernet solution
• Supports 1000BASE-X fiber applications
• Complete media flexibility
• Extend battery life; reduce power consumption
• End-to-end wiring tolerance and correction
• Increased reliability for board level testing and manufacturability
• Advanced DSP design
• Provides robust performance over a wide range of operating conditions
• Optimized cable performance
• Better FCC performance
• Lower cost magnetic
• Small package outline, 9mm x 9mm (BCC)
• Advanced process for reduced power and cost to achieve the highest port density
The Marvell Alaska Ultra GbE transceiver supports advanced power management modes, including Wake-on-LAN, which are critical to client applications such as Gigabit-connected laptop computers. The device also provides complete flexibility in media selection Ñ either copper or fiber media. The Alaska Ultra PHYÕs Media Detect feature automatically senses whether the end-user has inserted a CAT 5 copper or fiber-optic cable, performs Auto-Negotiation and provides seamless plug-and-play configuration.